Mazda Contingency

All the mind-numbing idle chatter you can handle

Mazda Contingency

Postby ebwolf » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:20 pm

Has anyone tried (or been successful) in getting Mazda Motorsports to pay contingency for WRL racing? I sent a big pile of contingency requests in December and haven't heard back. The request form is very specific about how to provide results (almost none of which WRL provides), from https://mazdamotorsports.com/wcsstore/B2BDirect/wordpressimages/2017/01/2017-Mazda-Contingency-Awards-Program-1.pdf:

*  Race results with the contingency request form; race results must show:
o The driver’s name; racing class; finishing position; make/model of car; race event name and event date.
o For Mazda-powered formula cars or sports racing cars, “Mazda” must be listed in vehicle section of
results.
o Results or point’s standing that show a team name in place of driver’s name will NOT be accepted unless
an official entry form is also provided for that event. The entry form must show the sanctioning organization or club; confirmation of entry fee payment; competitor’s team name and all driver’s names who competed.
ebwolf

Re: Mazda Contingency

Postby Steve » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:25 pm

I'd be interested in finding out about this too.
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car.
Steve

Postby Steve » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:43 am

I did email them today asking about this so hopefully I will get a response soon. I will post the reply.
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car.
Steve

Postby mhr650 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:04 pm

I have contacted them several times about their race reporting requirements. They require that you report races to maintain your racer price account, but they don't accept any race results the way they are reported by the popular endurance racing series. They also don't have a way to do it by team and not by driver, the best I was able to do was to get chump to send me the list of drivers registered for the events we raced, they accepted that but for now I am out of compliance since I haven’t done the same thing for the last couple of years. Their system is setup around the way that club racing results are reported, they did send out a big survey last year and I really harped on changing the race reporting requirements to match the series that people are actually racing these days.
mhr650

Postby Steve » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:31 am

mhr650 wrote:I have contacted them several times about their race reporting requirements. They require that you report races to maintain your racer price account, but they don't accept any race results the way they are reported by the popular endurance racing series. They also don't have a way to do it by team and not by driver, the best I was able to do was to get chump to send me the list of drivers registered for the events we raced, they accepted that but for now I am out of compliance since I haven’t done the same thing for the last couple of years. Their system is setup around the way that club racing results are reported, they did send out a big survey last year and I really harped on changing the race reporting requirements to match the series that people are actually racing these days.

Ahhh I didn't realize it was a race report, I thought they would let you send in your Mylaps results but I guess with different team drivers that might be an issue.
Steve

Postby ebwolf » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:17 pm

Mazda is very specific about how they want race results reported:

o The driver’s name; racing class; finishing position; make/model of car; race event name and event date.
    o Results or point’s standing that show a team name in place of driver’s name will NOT be accepted unless
    an official entry form is also provided for that event. The entry form must show the sanctioning organization or club; confirmation of entry fee payment; competitor’s team name and all driver’s names who competed.

The expectation is that the race organizer will produce official race result reports. We don't get those in WRL. There is also an expectation of having a "membership card" but even our "licenses" are electronic with WRL.
ebwolf

Postby ABR-Glen » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:11 pm

The WRL results simply display whatever you put for a "team name" go ahead and put the information they want in that field and it will show up in the results. I don't know any more about it than what's in this thread, but any reason that wouldn't work?
2014 - BIR 12Hr / MAM 15Hr / TWS 9+7
2015 - BIR 8+8 / MAM 9+7 / G'MAN 9+7
2016 - COTA 8+8 / MID-O 8+8 / BIR 8+8 / RPM 8+8 / 24@5280 / COTA 8+8
2017 - RA 8+8 / HPT 8+7 / 24@5280 / BIR 8+7
ABR-Glen

Postby RocksteadyRacing » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:28 pm

For parts discounts, the my laps reports work. I don't think they have ever had a contingency program for any non-club enduro. Maybe I'm wrong.
#40 GP3 Miata
Rocksteady Racing
RocksteadyRacing

Return to General Discussion