Mylaps Login/Transponder Issues

Car builds, set up, race craft, safety and rules

Mylaps Login/Transponder Issues

Postby dvot » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:55 pm

We bought a new transponder for the race at Barber and I have been trying to get is registered or unlocked or whatever I have to do. I have not been able to login to mylaps at all today or register an account. Anyone else have this problem?

Does the X2 transponder actually have to be registered to work during a race or is transponder ID number good enough? The transponder I've always used is over ten years old and was getting weak on the battery and we were informed during a race at Road Atlanta it was a "weak signal" so we got a this newfangled X2 one but its a whole lot different. Not sure what the "key" does. Anyone if anyone knows anything please post up. I can't be the only one that can't login... unless I am.
dvot

Re: Mylaps Login/Transponder Issues

Postby Burningham » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:59 pm

I didn't have any issues getting mine to work when I bought it in May, wish I could help. I just followed the instructions and it worked.
Burningham Racing - Lexus SC300 #255
Barber Aug '17-1st GP2 & overall Sat 9 hr, 1st GP2 & overall Sun 7 hour
Burningham

Postby dvot » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:45 pm

I got an email response from Mylaps that they are having system problems with logging in and registering transponders. I still cannot get logged in but they are hoping to have it fixed. Hopefully we get it sorted this week.
dvot

Postby RocksteadyRacing » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:38 am

It must be registered to work. If you are following the included instructions, should just be their system. I found a few online guides as well to help troubleshoot. It definitely seemed like a convoluted mess.
#40 GP3 Miata
Rocksteady Racing
RocksteadyRacing

Postby dvot » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:42 am

I finally got it resolved last night. Mylaps has been having some IT issues apparently but they are sorted. Thanks for the help.

Now if I could just understand the "key" vs the transponder.
dvot

Return to Shop Talk