Daytona

All out lies about your last or next WRL racing adventure. Post videos, stories and throw down challenges

Daytona

Postby Cnsprcy » Thu May 11, 2017 6:41 am

Man, only 17 teams registered for Daytona so far. Very long haul for us to race with a small field. Come on S.E. Get in the game!
Cnsprcy

Re: Daytona

Postby Joey » Thu May 11, 2017 9:46 pm

Get the word out. We've had a lot of calls recently, waiting to see the entries follow.

This is a great opportunity to talk about what you (each of you/all of us) can do to promote and grow the series. So many racers out there have tried us and love what we offer. Some added us to their race schedule, others have made WRL their first choice, and still others have dropped all other racing they do for WRL. With that kind of response, you'd think even more would be lining up to try it. But while we get a lot of people telling us that they've heard great things about the series, they're still slow to sign up.

Part of that is timing. A lot of existing teams set their schedule early in the year making it harder to add a race when they hear about something new. There are a lot of racing events going on around this time of year and the market gets spread thin. And you can only do X races per year either financially, time-wise or car-wise (or all three).

Everyone racing WRL, if they want to keep racing WRL, has a duty to help recruit new teams. Not just a new driver on YOUR team, we have to have more cars/teams coming in. People lose interest, drive, time, money, team mates etc. and teams naturally drop out over time. If we're not brining in new teams at a rate faster than the natural attrition, we don't grow. And while we get great press and we run ads all over the webs, it's the personal referrals that are the most effective.

As well, there is always a load of horse shit being spread about WRL by others. Seems like some series have an unnatural fascination with everything we're doing. Tubby shot something down on a forum recently. If you see/hear someone spreading crap about WRL (too competitive, we're not welcome, etc) set the record straight. We welcome everyone who has track experience and a safe car. We have some of the greatest people I know racing with us (Glen Kraetsch gave up his street car motor to a team at Road America so that they could race). We're the only endurance series out there that has sensible, objective, static classing system you can build a car to. We have great sponsors and teams can win tons of brake pads,a nd up to 94 tires per weekend. We award cool trophies per class, per race and have a points system that allows us to broaden the competition to season champs, champs per manufacturer, etc. Everyone is in the paddock is friendly and welcoming whether they came from PCA, SCCA, HPDE or crapcans. There's no reason not to try WRL other than built in bias.
League Commissioner
World Racing League is America's Best Endurance Racing Series
Race with the Leader... #RaceWRL
Joey

Postby yesE30 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:50 am

With just a few days before Daytona, how many teams are registered?? If you are not coming to drive on the high banks, you are really missing out. It is UNREAL...
yesE30

Postby yesE30 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:03 am

Are garages going to be available?? Weather looks very iffy and working on the car in the rain is NO BUENO!!!
yesE30

Postby yesE30 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:58 am

Thanks Joey and Gang for a great Daytona race. I got more than my share of wet driving experience but I needed it. Great bunch of racers, all very courteous and talented. Also, big thanks for the quick help when my transponder didn't work. I appreciate the loaner!!
yesE30

Postby Joey » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:21 pm

No worries! Sorry I missed your posts earlier, it's been a hectic schedule for a P/T gig that's really two full-time jobs!

Glad you enjoyed it, we got nothing but positive comments from the new teams joining us. Like i said, we're not asking anyone to leave other series, just add us into their schedule.If you like us, great, do a few more. If not, that's okay, but let us know why.

Simple.
League Commissioner
World Racing League is America's Best Endurance Racing Series
Race with the Leader... #RaceWRL
Joey

Return to The Race Report