$5k 2050lb E30, Race Ready + Sister Street car

Looking to sell or looking to buy? Place your ad here

$5k 2050lb E30, Race Ready + Sister Street car

Postby MonkeySee » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:48 am

Monkey 3_1.jpg

Monkey 3_2.jpg

Due to some major life changes (divorce, unrelated loss of lease on garage, core team falling apart, and basically being broke) I have decided I can no longer continue racing as a car owner, and am selling my last race car, code named ‘Monkey 3’, or M3 for short, to the first good home willing to fork over $5k for her.

Price: $5K
E30 chassis, 2050lbs wet and race ready
Chinese coil over sleeves, poly bushings
SFI-stickered Jaz fuel cell with 2 redundant fuel pumps
M42 engine, with Megasquirt II control
Custom, 3D printed gauge pod
Corbeau FX1 Pro seat
15” Rims as pictured plus a spare set with tent-anchor tires
True manual rack (Not just disconnected power steering)
Lots of spares – body parts, M42 bits, some suspension bits.

This has been my favorite car to race. It doesn’t make phenomenal HP but at 2050lbs, it doesn’t have to. It can hang in a corner with just about anything in WRL, and faster than most through the twisties, as it “corners like a house fly”. It is so light that a set of 205 wide tires will easily last two double-8’s races and still have meat left over for a track day.
All this for $5K, may arrange personal delivery in Midwest and Southeast for $1.5/mile.

ALSO FOR SALE SEPARATELY OR AS PART OF PACKAGE

$1500 1990 BMW 318is
Street car, licensed, insured, driven regularly. Interior: terrible, and I took out the passenger seat to make more space for hauling spare parts. Paint: at least it’s all red. Mileage: A lot, odo broken at 131k. Rear-ended once, and cosmetic damage fixed with winches, hammers and bondo, but good enough you might not notice if you're really not paying attention. Trunk at least shuts. BUT it’s dead reliable, and I've driven it from Indiana to Daytona to race more than once, and drove it on my 100-mile commute for over a year. I’ve put a tall ETA rear end in it, so it gets 35-40mpg. Good mobile parts car, work car, or start for a Monkey 3 clone.

More pics of both to come.

TXT questions to 812 470 2142 for faster response
Chris Moore
Monkey See Motorsports
MonkeySee

Return to Cars and Parts