Want to join a Denver Colorado team?

Looking for drivers? Post here. For WRL races only.

Want to join a Denver Colorado team?

Postby Team96Racing » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:34 am

New to Denver but not new to road racing!

Any experienced endurance drivers that "enjoys the journey", would like to apply lessons learned and build something new/better?

I am starting over in new location (Denver), so for me it's time to see if we can create a new team from scratch. The social aspect and the wrenching between events are equally important as we build a good team.

The ultimate goal is NASA 25 hours @ Thunder Hill but that is not on the 2017 agenda. First step is to build a reliable car that can fit classes in both WRL, ChumpCar, NASA and SCCA.

PM me if you have the race bug and want to win.

My racing background:
Previously located in Atlanta with Road Atlanta as home track.
5+ years of Sprint & Endurance racing experience
2 x NASA South East championships (ST 2/3 class)
Multiple NASA ST 2/3 & SU class wins
Chump EC class win @ Daytona
Lemons Top 10 @ Barber Motorsports
Carma Wolf Prototype driver for Carma Racing (dot com) in NASA Super Unlimited
Team96Racing

Re: Want to join a Denver Colorado team?

Postby slammed200 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:47 am

Awesome, welcome to WRL! Are you going to be at Road Atlanta in April?? Sounds like you would have some home track advantage.
#733 Dr. Suess's Red Headed Step Child
Website >> http://thing3racing.wix.com/thing3racing
Facebook >> https://www.facebook.com/Thing3Racing
slammed200

Postby Team96Racing » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:09 pm

For Road Atlanta I am certainly open to fly in/arrive/drive with a team, but I will not campaign a car myself.

The track is awesome and there are many many (secret) speed treasures to discover.

Do you know of any seasoned teams that could use an extra driver with local knowledge?
Team96Racing

Postby slammed200 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:50 pm

http://thing3racing.wixsite.com/thing3racing#!shop/c93y

I'm pretty biased as I run the team, but it's a j-swapped Miata and is hilariously fun!
#733 Dr. Suess's Red Headed Step Child
Website >> http://thing3racing.wix.com/thing3racing
Facebook >> https://www.facebook.com/Thing3Racing
slammed200

Postby RacerJRP » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:49 am

I'm interested to hear a little more... will send you a message. I am also a relatively recent transplant from the east coast to Denver. Have been out of racing for ~6 years, and would be new to endurance racing, but have extensive racing experience, and have recent track time. At this point gathering information/ keeping an eye open for the right opportunity to arise for a one-off this season.

12+ years in Karts (WKA) and cars (SCCA).

Numerous SCCA Spec miata wins at various tracks and multiple track records (including VIR). Have also won SCCA races in a miata at Road Atlanta uncluding the ARRC. Bonus I am easy on equipment! Replaced one fender over the course of 40+ spec miata races.
RacerJRP

Postby lifeisgood! » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:03 am

I moved here from the East Coast and on a very established team (Schumacher Taxi Service) with wins and podiums. I brought a car with me as well. Problem is I have very limited time here to start a new build. My best contribution was as the fast driver and rules person. Not sure I can help a new team but will to assist.
Jer
McKibbens Biohazard/Schumacher Taxi Service
lifeisgood!

Postby Drew Cleaver » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:45 pm

I'd be interested in finding a new team. Texas transplant with ~20 enduros since 2008. Karts, NASA TT and a bunch of random stuff for 20 years. Have raced in 7-8 different cars and teams, also ran about a dozen races in an E30 I mostly prepped myself.

We had a 3rd at Chump's first NOLA MP 12hr. Finished P6 in an early Lemons event at MSRH with ~125 cars after getting pulled in for the peoples curse while P2. We were top 5 overall at WRL's first TWS true 24 till we destroyed the motor 18hrs in (100% on schedule with our starting race strategy).

If available (still in Texas), my brother is capable of executing what I would seriously rate IMSA quality race strategy/crew chief.

I believe I met @RacerJRP (John was it?) at Sweet Spot's Unser karting event and seemed like a good guy to team up with!

I'm currently finishing a '92 Mustang 5.0 coupe for TTC/D screwing around...but I could potentially be persuaded to cage it and give it the full treatment.

Shoot me an email if you want to get together or add me on facebook and start a group chat with a few more if you would like. drewcleaver@gmail.com or https://www.facebook.com/drew.cleaver

Did you have a preferred car or class in mind, or any sort of parameters?

Also, I'm located in 80211 for what it's worth.
Drew Cleaver

Postby Team96Racing » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:40 pm

Drew/Racer JRP,

Small world, I was at the Sweet Spot's Unser karting event as well. Send me your contact details.

Current status - we have:
Chosen the car and drive train that will be eligible to run anywhere but LeMons
3 licensed race drivers/crew
1 mechanic/electronic/tuning wizard on crew (will be NASA licensed mid year)

During this 2017 season we will have the car stay relatively close to factory specs so we can race it (and dial it in) with events run by AER / Chump / WRL / NASA, but by next winter it will be upgraded well beyond what the Chump system allows for on the journey to the "ultimate" (money is an object so there are limits) endurance race setup.

So the team for car 1 is beginning to fill up but from past first hand experience I know there are huge synergies in building a twin-car team!

Shared workshop space, share spare parts inventory, always enough regular team drivers to race at least one of the identical cars, more hands to quickly fix things when we go out with both cars etc. etc.......... and how cool would it be to take top 2 podiums at events!

PM / email / call me to join the fun!
Team96Racing

Return to Seats for Rent