2 seats for Hallett

Looking for drivers? Post here. For WRL races only.

2 seats for Hallett

Postby Coloradoheel » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:22 pm

Big Mission Motorsports has 2 seats for Hallett.
1997 and 1998 Porsche Boxsters. These are very competitive GP1 cars...properly sorted and a blast to drive.
In 2018 we've found the podium at Road Atlanta. High Plains, Road America, Heartland Park and Mid-Ohio. Barely missed podium at Daytona and the 24.
4 drivers per car.
If interested, please call Steve at 719-510-8275.
Coloradoheel

Re: 2 seats for Hallett

Postby mcoppola » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:08 pm

I know this isn't really the right thread for this , but....
I want to extend a big thank you to the guys from Big Mission Motorsports for their help at Mid Ohio. We had the black Focus #393 that ran half the day Sunday with the car locked in 3rd gear, due to a broken shifter cable. We also had a power steering leak that forced us to pit almost every hour to replenish the fluid, to try to keep the pump bearings form burning up. (It worked, we finished, sorry if we oiled down the track anywhere , but we figured if it wasn't affecting our grip, it couldn't been too bad....)

Getting out of the pits each time in 3rd gear put some burden on our clutch, so we were pushing the car out to help with that. On at least a couple occasions, we got slowed down or stopped at Pit Out.
The Big Mission guys saw what was going on and each time we needed it, they had guys jumping over the wall to help push the car off - Sometimes after just getting out of their own car and looking whipped themselves. One of the times, their driver slapped me a high five and gave a hug/pat on the back as I thanked him. It was a moment I won't forget - a big team from far away helping out the little guys, and being happy to do it! I think they were also the team that lent me some tools or a torch when we were replacing a wheel bearing on Saturday.
Sorry for the thread hijack, but I just had to says thanks, and wish you guys the best of luck! Hope to see you again!

Sincerely, Mike
Mike Coppola - Cool Breeze Motorsports
Roll cages - any metal fab work
2015 WRL Gingerman (Volunteer, Pit Marshal)

Ford Focus SVT #393 - "Stay Focus'd"
2015 Pittrace 16 hr. (Chumpionship)
2016 WRL Gingerman D8
2017 WRL Mid Ohio D8
mcoppola

Postby Coloradoheel » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:21 pm

First of all, no such thing as little guys/teams or big guys/teams at these events. We're all just a bunch of amateur racers going to ridiculous extremes for a $50 trophy.
Secondly, I don't think that was us. I do recall getting some power steering fluid for y'all from our trailer, but we were pitted up front - not near y'all.
You definitely persevered all weekend. Hope that bourbon was a good salve.
Coloradoheel

Postby mcoppola » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:53 am

Well thanks for the power steering fluid. And good luck in your upcoming races. But I know on at least a couple occasions it definitely was your guys that helped out because I had run almost all the way to Pit Out to push from there after getting stopped, and it was one of your younger drivers that jumped out to help a couple times. I actually asked him what team he was from and he told me Big Mission Motorsports.

For anyone looking at pursuing their open seat - the actions, and this humble post above, both are examples of what a. great group of guys this team is!
Good luck once again!
Mike Coppola - Cool Breeze Motorsports
Roll cages - any metal fab work
2015 WRL Gingerman (Volunteer, Pit Marshal)

Ford Focus SVT #393 - "Stay Focus'd"
2015 Pittrace 16 hr. (Chumpionship)
2016 WRL Gingerman D8
2017 WRL Mid Ohio D8
mcoppola

Postby Coloradoheel » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:39 pm

Seats have been filled.
Coloradoheel

Postby mlanglin2007 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:14 pm

I'd be interested in speaking with you about 2018 plans. I'm looking to connect with a solid team that can provide a reliable car/team for this series. I would not likely make all races, but would like to discuss multiple events - maybe 4-5 for next year.

I've got a lot of road-racing experience, and have run a number of IMSA/SCCA endurance races in my career - so i know what's needed to get a car "home".

Mike Langlinais
985-377-5048
mlanglin2007

Return to Seats for Rent